Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario Job Opportunities
Established in 1907, Pollard Banknote is one of the world’s leading full-service lottery suppliers and is a major supplier to North America’s charitable gaming industry. Listed on the TSE, the firm currently provides instant lottery tickets and related programming, design, and marketing support services to more than 50 lotteries worldwide, including some of the largest and most respected lotteries in the United States, Canada, Europe, Asia, and Central and South America.
PACKAGING LINE ASSISTANT
This 6 month contract (with the possibility of extension) is responsible for quality assurance inspection, packaging, and boxing finished product. Previous experience in a manufacturing environment is an asset. You will also have basic computer skills, and the capability of lifting up to 40 lbs and standing for long periods of time.
- Responsible for checking of all printed product for errors, printing problems, or irregularities
- Responsible for loading work onto conveyor belts/roller lines sequential order off work pallets
- Ensure quality of the printed product is in line with customer expectations
- Required to rotate positions on a production line
- Maintain a clean work area
- Will be cross-trained on all other positions within Manufacturing Finishing and will provide coverage and support as required
- Ensure accuracy of printed product
- Report any discrepancies that are presented on printed product
- Other duties as assigned
- Grade 12 diploma
- Experience in a light manufacturing environment with focus on quality control is an asset
- Ability to lift 40 lbs
- Ability to stand long durations along the production line
- Good communication skills
- Basic computer skills
- Excellent attendance and punctuality record
- Flexible to work overtime when needed
- Clean criminal record check, financial record check, and physical demands assessment is required
Pollard Banknote Limited is an inclusive employer. Accommodation is available in accordance with the
Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005.
Pollard Banknote offers a challenging, team-oriented environment, competitive compensation, profit sharing program, company pension and opportunities for professional development. Interested candidates are encouraged to submit a cover letter outlining fit and salary expectations along with a résumé to:
Only qualified applicants are encouraged to bring resumes between the hours of 9am to 3pm in person to:
45 White Oak Drive, Sault Ste. Marie, ON
Please note: Onsite preliminary interviews will be conducted
We thank all that apply, however only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Employment is contingent upon a satisfactory response from a Criminal Record Search.